Saturday, December 12, 2009

Big Sky Country... Absaroka Mountains near Fishtail, Montana...

Absaroka Mountains near Fishtail, MT
Just finished an Adobe Photoshop Elements class so have been combing through my photos to find some that need work... want to practice skills learned before I forget them all! This image is from a couple of years ago and was taken with my first digital camera... a Nikon Coolpix P1... and shot through a quite dirty car window. So I used tools to clean up the smudges... cropped the photo to get rid of the hood of the car... and wound up with this "panorama" of the Absoraka Mountains outside of Fishtail, MT.

2 comments:

  1. Kerry (aka Trishaaristead)December 13, 2009 at 7:03 AM

    Great sense of space and depth with this photo. You would never know that it had been taken through a car window. That Coolpix certainly produces good images, with your input of course!! :-)

    I have just treated myself to Elements 8 for Christmas. I have only used the software that came with my camera, and done basic contrast/sharpening, so it will be a steep learning curve, but hopefully fun to be more creative with some of my images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice editing here; especially since it was taken through a car window.

    Was it a one day class you took in PSE?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.