Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunflower blossom... not yet opened... Summer, 2010

sunflower blossom beginning to open
It's been awhile since I've posted here... partly because of travel and generally being quite busy otherwise... also because of frustration with the nasty troll who keeps trying to post inappropriate comments on my images (has already tried a dozen times or more on the previous image). Guess he keeps hoping I might slip up and approve one of his tedious comments once in awhile... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Meanwhile, this image is from a photo workshop led by Blue Ridge Workshops... held Sunday July 11, 2010 in a field of sunflowers near where I live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. We were at the field shortly after 5 AM to take advantage of the early morning light. I learned a LOT and have WAY TOO MANY Sunflower images to post here without boring you all to tears. (all 23 of my somewhat regular followers plus whoever else shows up from time to time) I particularly like this one for the graceful way the bloom is starting to unfurl.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! I hope you post some more of your sunflower photos. I'd love to take a photography class someday. It is amazing the troll keeps trying. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunflower! I hope to see some other pictures when they are fully in bloom.
    Bye bye, Yvon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.