Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunrise... Sunset... Four images of sunlight on the water in Cape May, NJ

I keep letting life get in the way of posting on my blog... so sorry! With the holidays fast approaching and another trip in the offing (a short one over the New Year to ring in 2012 with friends in Montana), I'll make no promises that I cannot keep!

collage of images as described
Meanwhile, while at the Cape May, NJ photography workshop recently (with John Barclay and George Brown), I spent quite a lot of time shooting sunlight on the water during both sunrises and sunsets. These four images were captured using a Singh Ray Vari-ND filter with my Nikon D7000 (new toy) fitted with a Nikon 18-200mm lens. The diagonally opposite landscape orientation images are from sunrise on the first morning of the workshop; the other two are from sunset the same day.

8 comments:

  1. Those are really nice shots! I hope the weather will be good for your trip up here so you can have some fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does have a way of getting in the way, sometimes, doesn't it! I'm slowly learning that it is okay to cut back on online time sometimes to make room for real life and not feel I have to be obligated to online time.

    These are really pretty. Love how the sun is turning the water into frothy liquid gold .

    kateri @ http://dandelionhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous light you've captured shining on the water in all these images Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you love your Nikon 18-200 lens, which Astrid just bought for herself (replacing the Sigma lens that didn't have image stabilization). She loves it.

    Not to worry about keeping up. The important thing is to live your life...and come back with these jewels whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collage of beautiful pictures of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! I like the sunrise/sunset arrangement you chose.

    I'm shopping for a big-girl camera - so many choices. I welcome any advice you may have...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sunrise/sunset captures. I love Cape may! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These reflection images are beautiful and inspire me to take some of my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.