Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bumble-bee in Plumbago Larpentae... in my garden!

bumble-bee gathering pollen in Plumbago larpentae
It is so intriguing to watch the bumble-bees gathering pollen from the tiny blossoms of Plumbago larpentae... an excellent ground cover with a spreading habit that will quite literally take over your garden if you let it. The bumble-bees wrap themselves entirely around the blossoms as they make their way around gathering pollen. (A bit more about the spreading habit of this plant... ONE tiny plant put into my garden some years ago has now spread over half my front garden and well down the way toward the back of my house in my side garden. If it does grow where you don't want it, it's quite easy to yank up... but it grows by underground runners and spreads everywhere as long as it has enough sunlight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.