Monday, February 20, 2012

Macro images collage... alternative to Picnik?

By now, I'm guessing anyone who uses Picnik to make collages of their images is wondering, as I am, what to do when Picnik disappears. I personally am in a bit of a panic because I really don't want to have to reinvent the process I've been using to assemble collages for my vacation blog as well as for this one.

In the process of searching for an alternative, I came across an app for the iPhone and iPad called Diptic... this collage was made with that app which, of course, required me to transfer images from my computer to my iPad (Transfer app) so I could assemble the collage. Since there is an app called Web Albums (for both iPad and iPhone) that allows one to transfer images to Picasa (where I store my photos that I will use for blogs), I was then able to transfer the collage for insertion below. (NOTE that all the images in the collage were captured with a Nikon D90 fitted with a 105mm Nikon macro lens. I only used the iPad to assemble the collage with Diptic.) Posted to Macro Monday over at Lisa's Chaos... come on over and join the fun!

collage of images as described

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely shots, and they make a very interesting collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one step ahead of me, Ms. Victoria. One of these days I'll look into the NON-iPhone options, since I won't be able to go that route. Hmmmm. There's gotta be another good option. I'll let you know what I find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collage Victoria - I love the shallow DoF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking into possibilities, too, because I used Picnic altogether. I was reading online today, and there are ways to makes collage with my PSE10 (and also with PSE9). I am going to read those in the days to come and see if I can make any sense of them. Where there is a will there is a way, so I feel confident we will figure out something. This collage is a beautiful one. Love you selections. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I was telling Astrid the other day that this is a perfect opportunity for SOMEONE to step up to the plate and offer a collage-making site for us who will miss Picnik. We already were willing to pay $25/year. Surely someone else would love to have that money???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Victoria,

    Thanks for the Picnik love! Just wanted to give you a heads up - there's a great Picnik alternative's swingin' your way soon, www.PicMonkey.com. It's from former Picnikers! We think it's going to be just as great...if not better...than your old fave! Collages are top on our list of features -- we may not launch with it, but it should be available shortly thereafter.

    Sign up PicMonkey's site and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date. Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

    Regards,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here and I know I will be back to enjoy the scenery. You have some amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I love these little insects! Gorgeous pictures, great collage!
    Greetings, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely macro mosaic of insects and flowerheads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.