Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mr. Lincoln... lovely red rose in my garden...

close-up of Mr. Lincoln rose blossom
Thought I'd posted an earlier version of this a couple of months ago but just discovered I had not. Mr. Lincoln, one of the best of the Hybrid Tea roses, grows in my garden (it's a struggle because I'm very bad about doing what the roses need in this area) and is probably my favorite rose... both for the lovely, rich red color and the incredible fragrance... a fragrance so marvelous that one cut blossom can spread a lovely smell throughout the entire house!

But, I digress... in getting some of my images ready for my photography show (see sidebar at right) I've discovered minute flaws (white flecks on the petals of this rose, for example). So I've been working with Adobe Photoshop Elements to correct some of these minor defects and this is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.