Friday, August 27, 2010

A dreamy image of tiny flowers... Summer, 2010

Plumbago larpentae blossoms
Another extension tube experiment... these are Plumbago larpentae blossoms... it is a lovely ground cover that, once established, may spread to areas where you'd rather not have it! BUT, the fairly shallow root system allows for easy removal. The tiny blossoms are about 20 mm in diameter and appear starting in mid to late July and continue their display well into late fall. (every year, I swear I'm going to note when it starts to bloom but time has a way of getting away from me rather easily)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. What a lovely shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how pretty that would be as a ground cover! It's a new flower to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.