Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pottery and tile through the years... samples seen at Göteborgs Stadstmuseum... Spring, 2011

pottery and tile samples
While visiting cousins in Göteborg, Sweden, we spent some time at the Göteborgs Stadsmuseum (Gothenburg City Museum) which houses viking and emigration history as well as a design exhibition that included a jewelry display by our second cousin (twice removed), Matilda. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a decent photograph of her jewelry due to my jet lagged brain not being able to figure out how to reduce the reflections from all the lights shining on the case in which her jewelry was exhibited.

I captured this image because I liked the colors and patterns of the pottery and tile in the showcase. Of course, being jet lagged at the time, I did not think to photograph the captions for the exhibit so other than knowing I liked what I saw, I cannot tell you much about it! I have posted a bit more from our time in Göteborg in my vacation blog if you are interested and have the time to look.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, the colors alone are very soulful to me, Victoria. MY colors, if that makes sense. I don't even need to know more about them other than that I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.