Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great Falls of the Potomac from Overlook 3 on the Virginia side

This post will catch me up (must then go take a photo or two today if the rain holds off a bit)... will then go fix the older posts to remove all the artifacts! (many thanks to 50% Chance of Rain for pointing them out to me... check his blog... it's gorgeous!)
two views of Great Falls of the Potomac River
I cannot recall a previous spring with this much rain but know that we've had a few since the Potomac River does flood from time to time. (last flood was 1996 when spring rains and heavy snow melt sent the river over its edges) I took the first photo at a time when I thought it would be the photo marking the highest water for this year... obviously missed my guess on that as our rainy month of June has sent the river even higher! Scroll down to view the originals of each of the above photos.

May 23, 2009 photo of Great Falls of the Potomac River.
Great Falls of the Potomac River from Overlook 3


June 20, 2009 photo of Great Falls of the Potomac River.
Great Falls of the Potomac River from Overlook 3

1 comment:

  1. These are some great places. Those who get to see them for real are trully blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.