Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Washington Monument in late afternoon light... Washington, DC Spring 2011

Washington Monument at dusk
My cousin Jane and our friends Dennis and Susie took a photography workshop with Blue Ridge Workshops this past Sunday evening... we were learning about night photography while photographing the war memorials on the Mall in Washington, DC. This image was taken just as the sun broke through the clouds near sunset... it lit up the monument beautifully. Look closely and you'll be able to see the Capitol Building through the flags to the left of the base of the Washington Monument.

Posted to share at communal global for Tuesdays around the World.

6 comments:

  1. This shot is just beautiful! Just love the light during the golden hours. I'm sure you're happy taking a photo workshop. I'm hoping to be able to go to one in the future. Maybe when we get back to the U.S. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is by far the best photo I've ever seen of the monument! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light, the clouds, perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely light and wonderful perspective. It could be a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing it from that POV takes my breath away, Victoria. Speaking of POV, I don't ever remember seeing it exactly from that angle, so BRAVO. I love the peek at the Capitol through the flags. It sure gives scale! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.