Thursday, November 11, 2010

African Daisies... backlit and beautiful after the rain...

purple african daisy flowers
Last year, I had three different varieties of these in my garden. They are described as tender perennials in our area... but they did not survive the winter of "Snowmageddon" or "Snowpocalypse" as many in the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area referred to our record breaking winter of snow in 2009/2010. This year, I bought one plant LATE in the season and planted it in one of the flower boxes on my deck (which is where this picture was taken). One day I went out to see how it was doing and found it on the ground, dead! I'm pretty sure it was done in by one of the rascally squirrels who had been digging in my flower boxes earlier in the summer. At least I got this one image before the plant was so brutally mistreated!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo! Squirrels can be so anoying, and damaging, can't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.