Monday, February 8, 2010

BUMP... the car... the road... the snow? February, 5-6, 2010 BLIZZARD!!!

snowy street scene
Something a bit different from my usual posts for you today. Anyone following the weather news (anywhere in the world, according to reports received from various widely scattered friends over the past weekend), knows we've had a major snowstorm in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. I live in the suburb of Bethesda, not far from the DC line and this is what our street looked like on Saturday in the late afternoon. I measured over 2 feet of snow in our yard and am STILL (Monday morning) not shoveled out of our driveway.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of what happened from time to time in Michigan during my youth eons ago, Victoria. I feel giddy when I see this. The fun thing that I remember, even as an adult in Wisconsin, is that everyone is in the same boat, so the neighbor thing seems to kick in a bit more, right? I'm sure it's hard to believe Spring is but a month or so away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by... I try to return all visits and appreciate yours greatly.